All puppies purchased come with a health guarantee. Within 10 days of purchasing your new puppy, you must take him/her to a licensed veterinarian for an examination. If the veterinarian determines, within 10 days of purchase, that your dog is clinically ill or has died from an injury sustained or illness likely to have been contracted on or before the date of sale and delivery, you have the following options:
– Return the dog for a complete refund
– Return the dog for a replacement dog of equal value
– Retain the dog and receive reimbursement for reasonable veterinary fees, not exceeding the purchase price
These options do not apply where a seller, who has provided a health certificate issued by a veterinarian, discloses in writing at the time of sale the health problem for which the buyer later seeks to return the dog. If, within 30 days of purchase, a licensed veterinarian determines that your dog has a congenital or hereditary defect which adversely affects the animal’s health or that your dog died from a congenital or hereditary defect, you have the same option as outlined above. You must notify the seller of the examining veterinarian’s name, address & phone number within 2 days of the vet’s certification of your dog’s illness. Failure to notify the seller within 2 business days will result in forfeiture of rights.
By purchasing a puppy from us, you agree to the following:
1. The puppy will be taken to the vet promptly. You should make sure that he/she is healthy and doesn’t need a vet’s attention. We request that this initial visit be within 48 hours of the puppy’s arrival. This is to ensure that there aren’t problems that have arisen from shipping, and also so that your veterinarian is familiar with your puppy if a situation arises.
2. We are not responsible for a puppy’s exposure to diseases after they have left our possession. You should be careful where you take your puppy and who handles it as well. The puppy should not be exposed to previously infested disease areas or to places where a high level of exposure to diseases is possible. Treat him/her as if she is a newborn baby.
3. Validation of the guarantee requires examination of your puppy by the vet of your choice and at your expense within 48 hours of its arrival. This examination is expected to confirm that your dog was healthy upon arrival. If the puppy is showing any sign of illness, it should be taken to the vet immediately.
4. Your puppy, if shipped, has been through a vet check and has received a health certificate. He/she has been through at least his first shots and usually a series of shots before he/she has been delivered to you. He has also been de-wormed, but this does not mean that he is free of worms because young animals are especially susceptible to worms, are exposed every time they touch the ground, and worming is an ongoing process that will need to be continued once the puppy is in your care. Your puppy will also need follow up shots. It is very important that you follow up with shots and de-worming.
5. If the puppy has a vet diagnosed, congenital or hereditary defect, that is a life-threatening condition, bring the breeder a vet signed statement of the defect, and it will be replaced with the first available puppy with the same value as soon as possible. The original puppy must be returned before a new puppy can be delivered.
6. The breeder is not responsible for any veterinarian bills that the purchaser may incur regarding the purchased puppy.
7. This guarantee is null and void if the puppy is sold to a third party, and if normal precautions aren’t taken.
8. The new owner is aware of past medical history of this puppy and accepts it. The new owner is responsible for obtaining veterinary advice when needed, and for paying for those services. From the time the puppy leaves the possession of the breeder, the purchaser assumes all responsibility of vet bills, and for the care of said puppy. If for any reason the puppy dies, the breeder has the right to demand and order an autopsy on the dog at the purchaser’s expense. If the death is the breeder’s fault which is found as a result of original lab results from a licensed veterinarian, the puppy will be replaced by the breeder.
09. If a puppy is to be replaced, the breeder will provide a healthy puppy of the same quality as the previous puppy as soon as one is available. The Breeder will be responsible for all shipping charges for the first puppy to be returned and for the charges for the second puppy to be shipped to the Purchaser as well. If the purchaser chooses not to accept a replacement puppy, the health guarantee is null and void.
10. We work closely with our vets to ensure the health of our puppies. They have been administered all of the shots and de-wormings that are indicated on our shot records. Our shots are administered by the breeder under the vet recommended immunization program. We will only indicate the shots that your puppy has had. Please be aware that they have had these shots, and continue to administer shots as recommended by your veterinarian. Giving too many immunizations, and ignoring the immunizations that have been given can also be harmful to your puppy’s health.
11. Our puppies will have a health certificate from a licensed veterinarian before they leave, and will be vet checked. Although we do everything we can to ensure the health of our puppies, our health guarantee does not apply to “kennel cough”, coccidia, diarrhea, collapsed trachea, giardia, open fontanel, or parasites.